Friday, March 11, 2011

The Great Outdoors

I forgot to make a post about our camping experience before we went to Chile. We were able to spend 3 days and 2 nights on a private camp ground with 2 Paraguayan families before we left. The kids had and ball and did much better with the sleeping arrangements than I thought they would. (They slept much better than I - Allison - did, I'm sure!) Here are some pictures from our experience.

Here is our tent set-up. We borrowed someone's HUGE family size tent. We had no space issues at all!


Here's our "kitchen."


Thomas loved the company of his little friend.


And, being carted around...


Here is the creek where the kids played all day long. Helps to cool you off on a hot summer day!


Making chocolate cake!


And, you can't have a camp-out without roasted marshmallows! So, we taught the nationals how to roast 'em. The kids loved it, but not as much as their fathers! One dad told me he ate around 12!

No comments: