Wednesday, June 19, 2013

September - November 2011

And, I realize that my last post was over a year and a half ago and, even then, I was playing catch up. However, I am swallowing my pride and admitting my faults. I am a terrible blogger! The reason I wanted to start this blog, though, was to keep a written history (with cute pictures and videos) for myself and my children. So I will be backtracking a bit to catch me up on this little biography of mine.


In September 2011, we celebrated the birthdays of Tio Bill, Thomas, Tias Rebecca & Rachel, and Lilian early at the Baers' house. (By the way, we love the Baers!)


We also spent the end of September - November 2011 in Escobar studying Guarani with Tio Andy. This put us close to the capital, so we took advantage of being able to get some things done in the big city. We quickly discovered that we loved staying at the SIM guest apartments; there were always tons of kids to play with!




We also got to celebrate Thomas's 2nd birthday while we were studying. We invited the neighborhood children to celebrate with us with a US-style cake--slightly different from their version of birthday cake.



Oh, and, see the poor swollen face of the birthday boy?? He woke up on his birthday with his eyes almost swollen shut. Apparently something bit him on the face (several times, maybe) in the night that he was allergic to. Poor little thing didn't even look like himself!


I hope to, over the next few days and weeks, get myself caught up to present day. We'll see how well I do!

No comments: